All equipment for DG systems that are Net-Metered are on the member’s side of the meter; therefore, OEC is not directly involved with the installation. OEC does require:
- Member to submit form application;
- Member to furnish certification from manufacturer or engineering firm that equipment meets IEEE 1547 and other applicable codes and standards;
- Member to use an Oklahoma licensed electrician/electrical contractor per city codes;
- Installation of a separate, lockable, OEC-accessible safety disconnect;
- Execution of a contract between OEC and the member;
- Additional Engineering as needed;
OEC requires the DG system to comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations of any federal, county, state and/or local authority, including, but not limited to: the most recent IEEE Standard 1547 Guide for Distributed Generation Interconnection and applicable ANSI Standards, including ANSI C84.1 Range A, relating to installation, safety, easements, code restrictions, operation and other matters.