Use this checklist to help make planning installation of your new solar system easier.
Prepare Your Home
Take five minutes to complete your Home Energy Audit Calculator.
Do the Math
- Pick and experienced contractor to supply bids using this contractor database.
- Request bids from at least three contractors.
- Verify contractor licenses.
- Ensure all bids are prepared using the same assumptions as closely as possible so you can compare “apples to apples.” Assumptions include: system measurements, warranties, length of time to install, what is included as a base package versus an “adder”
- Before signing a contract, read it carefully and thoroughly. Ensure all costs are included and ask questions about anything you do not fully understand.
- Take your time. Don’t rush into a decision before fully evaluating your options.
Sign-up with OEC
Let OEC know that you are set-up and ready to start saving.