The District 8 District meeting was held Tuesday, July 11, 2017. District 8 covers part of Norman, south OKC, and Moore. Members asked the following questions:
- Why was there an outage on yesterday, when it was a nice sunny day?
- An OEC line came in contact with a tree branch that knocked the entire line out. OEC was not the entity trimming the tree.
- Which trees will OEC trim? Do they have to be on the roadway?
- OEC will trim any tree that poses a threat to the safety of our members. If you have a tree in close proximity to our lines, or think it might be an issue, do not hestiate to call. We will come out free of charge and a certified arborist will examine your tree. You may call in specific questions to our member service associates at (405) 321-2024.
- Poles have been marked to be replaced, when will this happen?
- We have different markings for different poles. We have contractors that inspect poles daily. You may call in specific questions to our member service associates at (405) 321-2024.
- Poles on the ground that need to be picked up?
- Those specific poles were requested by a member, but we are always happy to help. You may call in specific questions to our member service associates at (405) 321-2024.
- Energy Audit, lots of praise from several members. Very impressed, paid for itself in 3 months.
- Interested members can learn more and sign up here: https://okcoop.org/content/home-energy-efficiency-program
- Why are there areas where OG&E or OEC are the only choice?
- This is due to a state agreement granting allocated territories in certain areas. If you have specific questions, please feel free to call our member service associates at (405) 321-2024.
- What happened to the whole house generator program?
- Following the pilot, OEC ruled that the generator program was not effective for our membership.